Top 10 Spring and Summer Activities
There are few things better than the arrival of spring and being able to make the most out of the sunshine during some fab spring and summer activities! This is the first time in a couple of years where we can truly appreciate group gatherings and being out with our loved ones without all of the restrictions we have had to endure recently.
To treat you this year, we have hunted high and low for the BEST spring and summer activities for you to enjoy when you stay at one of the properties we manage at Boutique Lux.
Why not take a look below? We are sure you’ll find something you’ve been looking to enjoy with friends and family these past two years!!
1. LoveBedford Easter Trail, Bedford
Looking for a fantastic, fun, and FREE event to get involved with this year with the kids? Why not take a look at the LoveBedford Easter Trail?
Grab your pens and pencils and take part in a trail that features 12 locations across the town of Bedford. Completed trails are rewarded with an Easter-themed ice cream treat and will be entered into a prize draw to win £20 LoveBedford vouchers that can be used in over 280 locations across Bedford town centre!
- Location: Collect your trail map from Gallone’s Ice Cream Parlour (The Arcade), Bellissima Accessories (Howard Centre), or St Peter’s Studio Dental Clinic (St Peter’s Street).
- Dates: Runs from the 2nd – 19th of April
- Times: N/A
- Prices: Free
- Phone: 01234 404500
- Email: email@example.com
More information on the LoveBedford Easter Trail 2022
2. The Devitt MCN Festival of Motorcycling, Peterborough
If you’re into fast-paced, adrenaline-rushing, heart-pumping action, then take a look at the Devitt MCN Festival of Motorcycling taking place at the East of England show ground!
There will be non-stop racing action, jaw-dropping stunt displays, fantastic deals and bargains on biking accessories as well as the opportunity to get involved at the only place in the UK where you can ride the latest 2022 bikes all in the same place.
This is sure the be a fantastic experience for motorcycle fanatics of all ages!
- Location: East of England Arena, East of England Showground, Alwalton, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE2 6XE
- Dates: 14th-15th of May 2022
- Saturday: 9:00am – 6:00pm
- Sunday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Adult: £15.00
- Concession: £11.00
- Children: 15 years and under go free
- Phone: N/A
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on the Devitt MCN Festival of Motorcycling
3. Whisky Express, Peterborough
Choo-choo! Hop aboard the whisky train at Nene Valley railway!
Relax with friends & family in your reserved, First Class seat aboard the Continental Carriages at Nene Valley railway for a night of nostalgic relaxation & a beautiful selection of whiskys to drink and enjoy some music from our onboard entertainer.
Book & reserve your table for two or four people for this 2-hour on board experience, your table price includes round trip travel from Wansford Station & four whisky-based drinks for each person on your table and a selection of nibbles.
- Location: Nene Valley Railway Ltd, Wansford Station, Stibbington, Peterborough, PE8 6LR
- Dates: Saturday 21st of May 2022
- Times: 6:30pm
- Table for 2 – £100.00
- Table for 4 – £200.00
- Phone: 01780 784444
- Email: N/A
More information on The Whisky Train at Nene Valley
4. Russell Kane Live!, Bedford
Gather your friends and get your laughter on at Russell Kane Live in Bedford!
Russell Kane’s bringing to town his gut-punch funny, searing, award-winning take on the two years we’ve just gone through. Hailed as The Guardian’s Number 1 comedy performance to come out of 2020 – this high-octane show brings nuclear-energy and belly laughs which prove laughter really is the best medicine!
- Location: Bedford Corn Exchange, St Paul’s Square, Bedford MK40 1SL
- Dates: Thursday 19th of May 2022
- Doors open at 6:30pm
- Show starts at 7:30pm
- Prices: £20/ticket
- Phone: 01234 718044
- Email: email@example.com
More information on Russell Kane Live at Bedford Corn Exchange
Spring and Summer Activities
5. Nature Tots @ Nene Park, Peterborough
Get the little ones out for spring and summer activities in nature this year with a visit to Nature Tots at Nene Park in Peterborough.
Nature Tots offers a fun and involved outdoor parent and toddler group out in nature. Each session will include messy craft activity, time to explore the beautiful outdoors, story and song time. A fantastic activity to get involved with, Nature Tots is both a learning experience and fun experience for your little ones!
- Location: Discovery Den, Ferry Meadows,, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE2 5UU
- Dates: 25th April, 9th May, 23rd May, 13th June, 27th June 2022
- Times: 10:00am – 11:30am
- Prices: £4, Suitable for children age 2+
- Phone: 01733 234193
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on Nature Tots at Nene Park
6. Hockney's Eye Exhibition, Cambridge
A fantastic exhibition for you art lovers!!
One of the most influential artists of our time, David Hockney takes over Cambridge this spring and summer with an exhibition across The Fitzwilliam Museum and The Heong Gallery, Downing College. Through both traditional and cutting-edge ways of making art, the exhibition explores Hockney’s obsession with how we see the world, and how our world of time and space can be captured on the surface of a flat picture.
In The Fitzwilliam Museum’s picture galleries, Hockney’s drawings, paintings and digital artworks are shown in a series of encounters with works by artists including Claude Monet and Andy Warhol. The display at The Heong Gallery charts Hockney’s pioneering modern experiments from the 1960s to the present day in bringing hand, eye, and optical instruments together.
- The Fitzwilliam Museum, Trumpington Street, Cambridge CB2 1RB
- The Heong Gallery, Downing College, Regent Street, Cambridge CB2 1DQ
- Dates: 15th March – 29th August 2022
- Times: N/A
- Prices: Free
- Phone: 01223 333 230
- Email: email@example.com
More information on Hockney’s Eye Exhibition, Cambridge
7. The Cambridge Club Festival, Cambridge
Grab your family and friends for a journey of disco & discovery at a feel-good family festival celebrating music, arts & culture at the beautiful Childerley Orchard, Cambridge – one of the top fun days out in our spring and summer activities list!
Experience the world’s biggest pop, disco, funk, soul and R&B legends bringing the boogie to the Main Stage. With a line up for the weekend including Diana Ross, The Jacksons, TLC, Gabrielle and Nile Rogers & Chic, it will definitely be an experience to remember!
Stay over on site in the expanded campsite The Field of Dreams (with glamping packages, pre-pitched and self-pitch tents available), and party under the stars ‘til late – with the Party-Time Continuum’s after dark DJs playing under the Orchard’s twinkling lights.
Gorge yourself on delicious street food and drinks across site. Plus chill out with wellness activities, yoga, and much much more!
- Location: 1a Mill Yard, Cambridge CB23 8BA
- Dates: Friday 10th, Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th June 2022.
- The festival arena first opens at 17:00 on Friday 10th June to weekend and day ticket holders – with music and entertainment starting right away – with the campsite open from 3pm for campers to arrive earlier.
- The arena opens at 12:00 on both Saturday and Sunday. Campsite opens at 10am on Saturday for any late arrivals.
- Car parks will open from 1pm on Friday, and 10am on both Saturday and Sunday.
- Last entry is at 20:00 on Friday; 17:00 on Saturday; and 17:00 on Sunday.
- Prices: Vary depending on site and age. Visit the website for more information.
- Phone: N/A
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on The Cambridge Club Festival
8. Strawberries & Screen, Cambridge
Enjoy Wimbledon on the big screen for free!
The large screen showing the BBC Live coverage of Wimbledon returns in 2022! Pop along during your lunch break or after work and enjoy the tennis with friends or colleagues, all for free. There will be chairs available on a first-come-first-served basis.
The Copper Tree bar will also be on hand to serve you some refreshments, so sit back and enjoy the tennis with a glass of your favourite tipple in hand!
- Location: 27-29 Station Rd, Cambridge CB1 2FB
- Dates: 27th June 2022 – 10th July 2022
- Times: From 11:00am onwards daily
- Prices: Free
- Phone: N/A
- Email: email@example.com
More information on Strawberries & Screen Cambridge
9. Cambridge Open Studios, Cambridge
A fantastic experience for all creatives!
For four weekends in July, painters, jewellers, ceramicists, woodworkers, sculptors, textile artists, photographers, and much more will be offering you the opportunity to browse and buy directly from the artist.
Many of the artists show in their working studios so you can see how your art is made, but all artists are happy to talk about their art and how it was created – so get those questions prepped!
- Location: Varies based on location of artist
- Dates: 2nd of July – 24th of July 2022
- Times: 10:00am – 17:00pm
- Prices: Free
- Phone: N/A
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on Cambridge Open Studios
10. Cambridge Dragon Boat Festival, Cambridge
The perfect opportunity to get involved or to watch the local spirit take-off is the Cambridge Dragon Boat Festival!
The 16th Cambridge Dragon Boat Festival takes place on Saturday 10th September 2022 on the River Cam at Fen Ditton and more than 40 teams are expected to compete over the 200m race course, watched by several hundred spectators.
You can enter with others as a group of 10 even with no experience, or sit back and watch from The Ditton Meadows location offering a superb venue and, as well as the exciting races, a range of bankside entertainment, food stalls and fun activities guarantee a fabulous day out for all the family!
- Location: Ditton Meadows, Fen Ditton, CB5 8ST
- Dates: 10th of September 2022
- Times: From 8:00am
- Prices: Free for spectators, find out more below for teams.
- Phone: N/A
- Email: email@example.com
More information on the Cambridge Dragon Boat Festival
We hope this list has provided you with a wide variety of ideas to make the most out of your spring and summer this year!
Remember we are always on hand to offer any advice, to provide information, or to answer any queries you might have. Just get in touch below, and we will respond to your request as soon as possible!